Taking the Kids Weekly Column for planning a family vacation. Search tips for a family vacations and find family friendly vacation ideas.
April 19, 2009
Everyone who sees the kids with the badges prominently displayed on their shirts are effusive in their praise, which makes the kids all the more pleased with themselves. more
Families & Groups, Parks & Outdoors, Travel Topics, Volunteer & Service, Weekly Column
April 11, 2009
Who says kids will be bored in Europe? Not in Austria. There's plenty of culture and history -- kids can dress up as royals, in fact, at the Schonbrunn Palace more
Destinations, Families & Groups, Snow Vacations, Travel Topics, Weekly Column
March 29, 2009
The beautifully restored Ferry Building Marketplace, built in 1898, is a must see for foodies of all ages. more
Destinations, Families & Groups, Travel Topics, Volunteer & Service, Weekly Column
March 22, 2009
More than 1.6 million kids cruised last year and that number continues to increase... more
Cruises & All-Inclusive, Disney, Families & Groups, Travel Topics, Weekly Column
March 15, 2009
Just 45 minutes east of Orlando and well worth tearing the kids away from Mouseville, Shamu, Universal's roller coasters and the hotel pools more
Backyard Vacations, Destinations, Disney, Families & Groups, Travel Topics, Weekly Column
March 8, 2009
Cheap eats and other bargains are especially appreciated in ski country this season -- even here in tony Aspen and a few hours away at Vail's Beaver Creek Resort more
Destinations, Families & Groups, Lodging, Snow Vacations, Travel Topics, Weekly Column
March 1, 2009
Some almost canceled their plans this year, but they decided to go because of the opportunity for badly needed family time more
Backyard Vacations, Beach Vacations, Destinations, Families & Groups, Parks & Outdoors, Snow Vacations, Travel Topics, Weekly Column
February 22, 2009
My mission: To see if a vacation with active teens and young adults can be successful at an all-inclusive resort. Conclusion: "yes" more
Beach Vacations, Destinations, Families & Groups, Lodging, Travel Topics, Weekly Column
February 15, 2009
"This is a lot more than teaching kids how to turn on the mountain. This is about using sports to do character development." more
Families & Groups, Parks & Outdoors, Snow Vacations, Volunteer & Service, Weekly Column
February 1, 2009
There it is, right in front of us, a castle, a sprawling, Victorian castle, just a couple of hours north of New York City. more
Backyard Vacations, Families & Groups, Lodging, Travel Topics, Weekly Column
Taking the Kids publishes two e-newsletters per month, filled with information and advice for families traveling with children as well as tips on destinations and special travel offers from sponsors.
Follow us on Twitter
- Jamie: Thanks for sharing!
- jeremiah740: This is great! Thanks for sharing, Eileen. I’m always searching for family travel tips, but tips from the kids? That’s a first for me! A...
- Susan Symko: Would like to cruise first part of August with three teenagers, 14,16,18. Not a carnival cruise and not a carribean cruise. What are our options?
- Arleen: I was just wondering about the water system in Riviera Maya. We have a vacation booked and am a little worried with drinking the water with children.
- Shannon: Our family of 4 (including 2 smaller children) went to Cancun a couple years ago and went here (such a blast); http://www.xplor.travel/
- Michelle: Can you recommend places to stay in Cancun and things to do? Thanks!
- Sofia: Oh my god, I don’t like the sound of baby flying through the airplane cabin, thankfully though he/she’s not hurt. This is one of the reasons...